The Allan Hancock College Concert Band, under the direction of Greg Stoll, will present a free holiday concert Friday, December 3, to thank their many supporters and add a musical flourish to the holiday season.
The 75-member band will perform many favorites, some from their last concert, and will also include a Christmas sing along. Highlights will include:
- “Crown Century” by David Shaffer
- “Suite from the Nutcracker” by Peter Tchaikovsky arr. Curnow
- “George Gershwin Selections” arr. by Bennett
- “American Salute” by Morton Gould arr. Wagner
- “Sleigh Ride” by Leroy Anderson
- “A Legend of Kings” by Charles Richard Spinney
- “Winter Wonderland” arr. by Johnny Warrington
- “An English Christmas” by Clare Grundman
Concert Band, a class at the college, serves as a performance outlet for musicians of all ages, making it a community band as well. Members range in age from teenagers to octogenarians.
The concert begins at 7:30 p.m. The First Baptist Church is located at 2970 Santa Maria Way in Santa Maria.
For more information, contact the fine arts department at 922-6966 or toll free 1-866-DIAL AHC (342-5242) ext. 3252.