High school seniors and their parents are invited to attend College Night at Allan Hancock College Thursday, October 28, 2010.
Designed to help students and parents navigate the sometimes confusing world of college admission, registration, financial aid and more, the college , along with Cal-SOAP, the California Student Aid Commission (CSAC) and College Access Now (CAN/TRIO), is sponsoring this free event from 6 to 8 p.m. in the Santa Maria campus Student Center (bldg. G), room G-106A/B.
Students and their parents will get the answers they need to begin pursuing a college education. Discussion topics include
- Admission: What you need to know about the admissions process, including steps to easy online registration and residency exemption information (AB540)
- Financial Aid: How does financial aid work once you’re a student at Hancock? Be prepared prior to enrolling.
- English classes: Find out what we offer to help you learn English.
- Careers: Find out what exciting career opportunities are available.
- Student Success: Learn the key to becoming a successful college student.
- Student Panel: Hear from successful students who share their real-life experiences
- Parent Panel: Hear from parents who helped their children navigate the path to college and become successful students
- Q and A: We’re here to answer your questions!
The event will feature light refreshments. Free parking will be available; pick up your parking pass at the event. Please note that childcare is not provided.
For more information, contact Diana Perez, Cal-SOAP director, at (805) 922-6966 or toll free 1-866-DIAL AHC (342-5242) ext. 3710 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.