For those of you planning events of any kind – we can help to spread the word at no additional cost to you.
On our website, www.SantaMaria.com, we have an events calendar that serves three purposes. It promotes:
- Chamber events;
- Member’s events; and
- Public/Community events.
The ability to have all three types of events in one place, where you can access them easily, is an important and valuable resource for many reasons. Here are a few to consider:
▪ Listings on our calendar let our Chamber members and the public-at-large know about your event;
▪ The calendar is the Visitor Bureau’s resource to share with visitors coming into Santa Maria on what there is to see and do, helping to boost attendance at your event;
▪ Gives event planners of seminars, special events, meetings, sports tournaments, etc., a heads up on what date would work best to ensure no major conflicts exist, in competing for attendance and participation, when choosing the date for their event;
▪ Promotes important industry events to all sectors of the business industry – not only helping to get people in the door to your event, but supporting the business atmosphere in our city. The more ‘in the know’ and ‘on the same page’ we are, the better for us all;
▪ Listings on our calendar are a FREE benefit, please use it;
▪ The Visitors Bureau uses the calendar in a variety of ways – to pull information for our quarterly e-newsletter that is sent out to opt-in visitors, to post special event listings on the California Travel and Tourism Commission (CTTC) and Central Coast Tourism Council (CCTC) website calendars, and to submit on your behalf to CTTC’s quarterly enewsletter, What’s New, distributed to over 500 media outlets worldwide.
▪ The Chamber of Commerce and Visitor and Convention Bureau are seen as the ‘Go-To’ resource for our community. The more we know about what’s going on, the better we can support you and help spread the word through our own efforts, or sharing with you other resources to try.
How do you post your event on www.SantaMaria.com? You’ll need your login name and password for your company to log onto www.ChamberMaster.com. This information was sent to you when we first installed this system. If you need it re-sent to you, please contact the Chamber Membership Liaison, Cara Martinez, at Cara@santamaria.com
1) Log onto www.ChamberLogin.com.
2) Click on “View & Register for Events”
3) Click on ‘Add Event’.
4) Fill in the details for your event using the database that opens for you to fill in. Click ‘Edit’ to enter the boxes. If your event is ongoing for several weeks, please contact Cara@santamaria.com to determine the best way to list the dates in this database.
5) Visibility: Check the boxes for ‘Display on Members Only Calendar.’ If your event is open to the public including visitors, also select ‘Display on Public Events Calendar’.
6) Event Category: Choose ‘Member’ events. If your event is open to the public including visitors, also select ‘Community Events. Steps 5 and 6 ensure that your listing will show up when a search is done for either category.
7) Be sure to click ‘Save’ when you’re finished with your listing. It should post to our online calendar within a day or two.