Community Partners and friends of the AFA Robert H. Goddard, Chapter 266, please help us spread the news about our first annual Wounded Airman Program run on Saturday, 14 June 14 at the Gym Annex, Vandenberg AFB, CA.
What is the Wounded Airman Program?
– the Air Force has ~2,500 members who are officially designated as Wounded Airmen due to combat-related injuries or PTSD
– The Air Force Association began the Wounded Airman Program because AF personnel were not getting the same support as our fellow Soldiers, Marines, and Naval comrade-at-arms
– as of October 2013, the U.S. Air Force recognizes the Wounded Airman Program as direct support to the official Air Force Wounded Warrior office in San Antonio, Texas (*not related to any of the civilian Wounded Warrior Projects*)
How can you help?
– pass the info on to your employees and co-workers
– post the flyer on bulleting boards
– volunteer for the event
– donate and run
Registration is easy at http://www.eventbrite.com/e/wounded-airman-program-5k-half-marathon-and-kids-run-tickets-11523221265?aff=es2 (a 5.5% website fee applies)
For more information please contact MSgt Jill Higgins at firstname.lastname@example.org and if you would like to volunteer contact A1C Jessica Munoz at email@example.com