Join Us for our Annual Labor Law Update
Once again, we will be having our annual breakfast with Employment Attorney Jeff Dinkin and Nicole Zajackof the Stradling Law Firm, held at the Santa Maria Country Club.
Mr. Dinkin will review new legislation affecting businesses, significant decisions from the California courts, and other developments in the following areas:
- 2014 changes in the law – impacts moving into 2015
- Employee Sick Leave – the new California rule
- Bullying in the workplace – how it could hurt employers
- FEHA protections – where does it apply
- Employer liability for failing to pay at least minimum wage
- Severance agreements – ensuring enforceability
- Commissioned salesperson exemption – timing of commission payments
- Social media update
- The CA Supreme Court’s recent ruling on class action waivers and its impact on employers
- … and much more
Don’t miss this up-to-the-minute information on the ever changing regulations governing California HR, just in time for the new year.
Thursday, November 13, 2014
Santa Maria Country Club