Twice annually, the Santa Maria Valley Visitor and Convention Bureau (VCB) offers event organizers the opportunity to apply for marketing assistance in support of their events, programs and projects through the Special Projects Grant (SPG) program. The goal of this program is to increase overnight stays in the Santa Maria Valley.
Santa Maria Fairpark
Strawberry Festival April 24-26, 2015
Santa Barbara County Fair July 15-19, 2015
Elks Rodeo and Parade May 28-31, 2015
West Coast Kustoms
Cruisin’ Nationals May 22-24, 2015
Bent Axles Car Club
July 18, 2015
The Boys and Girls Club of Santa Maria Valley
Tour & Taste of the Santa Maria Valley Sept. 5, 2015
Ten Commandments Film and Artifacts Exhibit (under construction)
These applicants met the criteria for the Special Projects Grant program, which includes:
▪ The Santa Maria Valley Chamber of Commerce will be named as a sponsor of the event/project;
▪ The event/project must be held in the Santa Maria Valley;
▪ One application must be submitted per event or project;
▪ Event/project must be promoted/use for promotion in our target markets to increase overnight stays in our city. Preference is given those held September-May;
▪ Planners may request up to $3,000, but funding is not guaranteed;
▪ Sponsorship funds may be used for: marketing, graphic design, printing, radio/print/online advertising or tournament fees. Funding is not to be used for giveaways or prizes.
We express our sincere thanks to these organizations for supporting tourism which brings millions in revenue to our city. Please support their efforts by assisting in the promotion of these events either through your attendance or just helping to spread the word. A monthly calendar is available from the Visitor and Convention Bureau for just this purpose.
If you would like to join the mailing list or request more information about the SPG program, please email Gina@santamaria.com.