The scarecrows are coming and that could only mean it’s time for the 32nd Annual Autumn Arts Festival featuring the Grapes & Grains Beer and Wine Tasting Event.
- – Cost: FREE
- – When: Noon – 6 p.m., Saturday, October 3rd
- – Where: Civic Center and McClelland Street Corridor (500 – 600 blocks of South McClelland Street).
- – Info: The City of Santa Maria Recreation and Parks Department, 925-0951 ext. 260.
The community is invited to celebrate local artists and the harvest season. Enjoy a day of art demonstrations, beer and wine tasting, live entertainment, arts and crafts vendors, youth and teen activities, Chalk Art Exposé, a Farmers Market, and a Fine Arts Show.
New to the festival this year is the Cutest Lil’ Pumpkin Costume Showcase and Scarecrow Decorating Contest. Children ages four and under can participate in the Cutest Lil’ Pumpkin Costume Showcase. Entry into the Showcase is free but children must be dressed in festive fall costume attire.
- The application deadline is Thursday, October 1st.
- Businesses can show their community spirit by taking part in the Scarecrow Decorating Contest. Businesses are encouraged to participate by exhibiting a scarecrow in their storefront or window display.
- Entry is free and the application deadline has been extended to Monday, September 21st. Additional information regarding the Showcase and Contest can be found online at www.smartsfest.com.
Information and applications for vendors, Cutest Lil’ Pumpkin Costume Showcase, Scarecrow Decorating Contest, Fine Arts Show and Chalk Art Exposé can be found online at www.smartsfest.com.
Tickets for beer and wine tasting can be purchased for $35 presale or $40 at the door. Presale tickets of 10 or more may be purchased for $30 each. Tickets are available online at www.santamariakiwanis.org, the Recreation and Parks Department (615 South McClelland Street) or the Santa Maria Valley Chamber of Commerce and Visitor & Convention Bureau (614 South Broadway).