Take your taste buds for a trip south of the border as you embark on a culinary journey at this year’s Tastes of Mexico. Enjoy an evening of Santa Maria’s finest Mexican cuisine, beverages and entertainment on Friday, September 11th from 6-9 p.m. at the Veterans’ Memorial Community Center (313 West Tunnell Street).
Live entertainment will bring the music of Mexico and create a festive atmosphere as you dine on various Mexican dishes provided by the best local restaurants. Sample a wide variety of Mexican beers and Margaritas. Travel to the heart of Mexico without leaving the Central Coast!
Enjoy this truly one-of-a-kind dining experience while supporting a local non-profit. All proceeds benefit People for Leisure And Youth, Inc. (PLAY, Inc.) which funds recreational, cultural, social, and art programs throughout the Santa Maria Valley.
Tickets are $30 per person or $25 per person for four or more. Get tickets at the Recreation and Parks Department at 615 South McClelland Street or online atwww.smtastesofmexico.com. Participating Restaurants:
- Old Town Mexican Café – 140 E. Clark Ave., Santa Maria (805) 937-5000
- Maya Mexican Restaurant – 110 S. Lincoln St. Suite 106, Santa Maria (805) 287-9920
- Efren’s #2 Mexican Restaurant – 1625 S. Blosser Rd., Santa Maria (805) 868-9321
- Burrito Loco – 4869 S. Bradley Rd., Orcutt (805) 934-5393
- Fruteria Hernández – 1209 W. Main St., Santa Maria (805) 614-7225
- Tacos El Tizon – 241 Town Center West, Santa Maria (805) 925-1891
- VTC Enterprises Custom Catering – 2445 A St., Santa Maria (805) 928-5000
- El Oaxaqueno Market – 809 N. Broadway Suite F, Santa Maria (805) 922-0265
- Taqueria Jalisco – 413 S. Blosser Rd., Santa Maria (805) 922-2906
- Cocos Mexico Mexican Restaurant – 229 Town Center West, Santa Maria – Opening October 2015
- Vallarta Supermarkets Store #46 – 1482 S. Broadway, Santa Maria (805) 925-2905
- Panaderia Y Pasteleria Mana – 501 N. Broadway, Santa Maria (805) 928-6619
- Papa John’s Pizza – 230 E Betteravia Rd., Santa Maria (805) 925-7499 Questions may be directed to the Recreation and Parks Department, 925-0951 ext. 260.