From floral design to photography to automotive repair, it’s not too late to register for a wide variety of Community Education noncredit classes starting this month. Some classes require a fee and/or materials fee.
Practice new techniques of creating floral arrangements in Floral Design: Beyond Basics.
- Saturdays, Oct. 17-Dec. 5, from 9 to 11:55 a.m. at the Santa Maria campus, room S-110.
Learn more advanced photography skills in Digital Photography Level 2.
- Wednesdays, Oct. 14-Dec. 2, from 9 a.m. to 12:55 p.m. at the Solvang Center, room 2, located at 320 Alisal Road, Ste. 306, on the corner of Alisal Road and Elverhoy Way/Alisal Mesa Road.
If you are a notary, consider enrolling in the Loan Signing Specialist class to help meet California’s real estate industry needs. Students learn duties and responsibilities of this career and how to market one’s own business.
- The class meets Thursday, Oct. 15, from 5:30 to 10 p.m. at the Santa Maria campus, room C-34.
Beginning and intermediate computer users can enroll in Introduction to Microsoft Word and learn to create professional quality letters, certificates, flyers, labels and more.
- Class meets on Thursdays, Oct. 15-Dec.3, from 6 to 9:55 p.m. at the Atkinson Center Lab, 1000 N. Railroad Avenue, Santa Maria.
Learn how to become a CA Notary Public on Saturday, Oct. 17, from 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. at the Santa Maria campus, room H-104.
A Bureau of Automotive Repair (BAR) update training course for smog technicians.
- The class will be held Mondays and Wednesdays, Oct. 19-28, from 6 to 10 p.m. on the Santa Maria campus, room K-26.
For more details on these classes, visit www.hancockcollege.edu and click Class Search. Register directly online, or receive registration assistance in person at Community Education (Bldg. S) on the Santa Maria campus.
Questions? Call (805) 922-6966 ext. 3209.