A five-day Academy and Resource Fair kicks off Monday at Allan Hancock College for veterans looking for help with jobs, housing, finances and interviews.
The event is free but veterans must reserve a spot at www.caljobs.ca.gov or at http://www.eventbrite.com/e/veterans-academy-and-resource-fair-tickets-18855352868.
The event runs daily from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Allan Hancock College ~ Student Services, Room 106 A & B, 800 S. College, Santa Maria.
- – Employment Development Department
- – California Department of Rehabilitation
- – The Workforce Resource Center
- – Armed Forces Services Corporation
- – Transition Mental Health Department
- – Path Point (Work Empowerment)
- – Independent Living Resource Center
- – PATH (People Assisting the Homeless)
- – Hearing Loss Association of America
- – Allan Hancock College
- – Better Business Bureau
- – United Staffing Associates
- – LOVARC
- – Housing Authority of the County of Santa Barbara
The week-long schedule will be:
- Monday Learn to create a resume and prepare for a job interview. Learn more about the labor market.
- Tuesday Speak to area resources for housing, work empowerment, mental health and disability employment. Chat with a school advisor about education options. Speak to job counselors.
- Wednesday Visit with a Financial Coach about debt issues, ask about credit scoring and scams. Learn more about SBA loans and starting a business.
- Thursday Mock interviews will be conducted.
- Friday Federal, State & Local Employer Panels will be on hand to interview veterans.
Snacks and refreshments will be provided. For more information, call Kay Wade at (805) 614-6781 or Frank Campo at (805) 614-1205.