Calling all local businesses! Santa Maria Summer Jobs and Beyond Career Pathways for Youth is looking to collaborate with you in their Summer Youth Jobs program.
This project is a multi-agency collaboration to provide youth in the Santa Maria Valley with a positive summer and year-round activity. Created to ensure youth are provided with necessary skills and work experience in order to obtain and maintain employment in this ever-changing economy.
Through the Paid Work Experience, participants are placed in businesses or organizations like yours. The salary and supportive services are subsidized by project.
- 200 hours of paid work experience covered by project
- Workers’ compensation and health insurance covered by project
- Participants are provided with supportive services (i.e. work clothing, safety equipment, if required)
- Prior to placement, participants take part of other trainings to become job ready
Other Project Benefits:
- Training opportunities
- Access to health care services
- Resume preparation
- Leadership development
- Financial literacy
- Customer service training
Interested in becoming a worksite? Fill out the survey HERE!
For more information, contact Luis Servin at (805) 742-3951.